I am a Ph.D. student in the Computer and Electrical Engineering department at University of Missouri - Kansas City. I received my master and bachelor degree from Shenzhen University in 2015 and 2018, respectively. I am familiar with human pose and human activity analysis. My main research interests include Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Image Processing, Biometrics, Gait Recognition and Face Detection.
- Weizhi An, Shiqi Yu, et al, Rijun Liao, "Multi-view Large Population Gait Database with Pose Sequences and Its Performance Evaluation". IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON BIOMETRICS, BEHAVIOR AND IDENTITY SCIENCE, 2020. (Major Revison)
- Rijun Liao, Shiqi Yu, Weizhi An, Yongzhen Huang, "A Model-based Gait Recognition Method with Body Pose and Human Prior Knowledge". Pattern Recognition, 98, 107069, 2020. [IF: 3.962/2017, JCR Rank Q2]. [doi]
- Shiqi Yu (Supervisor), Rijun Liao, Weizhi An, Haifeng Chen, Edel B. Garcia, Yongzhen Huang and Norman Poh, “GaitGANv2: Invariant Gait Feature Extraction Using Generative Adversarial Networks”, Pattern Recognition, vol. 87, pp. 179-189, 2019. [IF: 3.962/2017, JCR Rank Q2]. [doi]
- Rijun Liao, Xiongjun Li, Jianjie Xu, Jinlong Li, Jianbiao Xian and Xiaoyu He, “Discussions on applications of Arnold transformation in binary image scrambling”, Journal of Shenzhen University Science and Engineering, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 428-433, 2015. [doi]
- Xiongjun Li (Supervisor), Rijun Liao, Jinlong Li, Jianbiao Xian, Jianjie Xu, Pei Huang and Xiaoyu He, “Quasi-symmetry and the half-cycle phenomenon in scrambling degrees for images with pixel locations scrambled by Arnold transformation”, Journal of Shenzhen University Science and Engineering, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 551-562, 2015. [doi]
- Rijun Liao, Weizhi An, et al, "Dense-View GEIs Set: View Space Covering for Gait Recognition based on Dense-View GAN". International Joint Conference on Biometrics (IJCB), 2020. [Accepted]
- Rijun Liao, Chunshui Cao, Edel B. Garcia, Shiqi Yu and Yongzhen Huang, “Pose-Based Temporal-Spatial Network (PTSN) for Gait Recognition with Carrying and Clothing Variations”, Chinese Conference on Biometric Recognition, pp. 474-483,2017. [EI]. [doi]
- Weizhi An, Rijun Liao, Shiqi Yu and Yongzhen Huang, “Improving Gait Recognition in View Invariance by 3D Pose Estimation”, Chinese Conference on Biometric Recognition, pp. 137-147, 2018. [EI]. [doi]
- IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Image Processing
- Rijun Liao, Lingjun Deng, Shiqi Yu, “Method for detecting human face, device, terminal and medium based on convolutional neural networks”, Chinese invention patent, No. CN108062521A.
- Xiongjun Li (my supervisor), Rijun Rijun Liao et al. “Low-density high-coding-capacity lattice two-dimensional code integrated with chaos encryption technology”, Chinese invention patent, No. CN105095935A.
- 2020 - Present: Ph.D in Dept. Computer Science & Electrical Engineering, at University of Missouri-Kansas City, USA.
- 2015 - 2018: M.E. in Computer Science and Software Engineering, Shenzhen University, China
- 2012 - 2015: B.S. in Physics Science and Technology, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen University, China (Graduated one year in advance)
- 2015/9 - 2015/11, Machine Leaning Online Course, authorized by Stanford University, offered through Coursera
- 2018/7 – 2019/8: Research Assistant -- Gait Recognition Research, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen, China.
- 2017/8 - 2017/10. Engineer -- Clothes Attributes Analysis, VIPSHOP Company , Guangzhou, China.
- 2017/3 - 2017/7. Engineer -- Gait Recognition Research, Watrix Company , Beijing, China.
Honors and awards
Last updated: Jun. 2020.
- The 14th Challenge Cup for the National Aviation Industry National Students Extracurricular Academic & Scientific Technology Competition, National Second Prize, 2015.
- The 13th Challenge Cup for Guangdong Students Extracurricular Academic & Scientific Technology Competition, Provincial Grand Prize, 2015
- The 9th National Information Technology Application Competition, "STC" SCM system design First Prize, 2014.
- Outstanding Graduate, Shenzhen University, 2017.
- Excelling Student of Academic in Shenzhen University, Top Prize, 2014.
- Excelling Student of Academic in Shenzhen University, Top Prize, 2013.